Home Features User CP Facebook Twitter Google+ Youtube Support Us
Home FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Animation Forum > Production > Software Specific Subforums > Misc Software

Old 04-14-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
Mikrofonkabel
New Blood

Default Compositing Software for PAP 4.0

Hey,
I am searching for a decent xompositing software. To animate I use PAP 4.0. It doesn't matter if I have to pay for it, but it should be affordable (After Effekts is not affordable...).
However I do also have problems with PAP 4.0 itself: It does not recognize the Expressbuttons of my Intuos 4. Drawing works like a charm, but the buttons/wheel don't work at all, or just do something crazy. It doesn't matter how I configure them

Greetings
Mikrofonkabel
Mikrofonkabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #2
brettwmccoy
Composer & Animator

How much are you willing to spend? The standard edition of TVPaint is good for inking, basic compositing and effects. It also has a multi-plane camera.

http://www.tvpaint.com/v2/content/ar...ducts/tvpa.php

Digicel Flipbook can also be used. It's a bit cheaper and can be used for inking, coloring and basic compositing.

http://www.digicelinc.com/

Unfortunately, as far as I know, PAP is an unsupported product now.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
ZZDas
Animating...

Well...
Composition by types or workflow:
Simply join a seq of frames into a video file* with more then one layer option,no pan or zoom option
- MonkeyJam

Join a seq of frames into a video file* with more then one layer option, pan and zoom option
- Any good video editor(forget about WMM...the faster it gets, with frames import, it's 8fps and it only accept one video layer)

Join a seq of frames into a video file* with more then one layer option, pan and zoom option, 3D plane operation**(includes z axis on pan) color correction, advanced mask operation, and more cool stuffs that i don't really know...
- Blender***
- Jahshaka

*it can be a video file or seq of frames after the composition
**Some "really" good video editor also have this
***Blender also have it own build in video editor and a node based composer, so you're able to choose which way to compose

But..if you only want to make a gif out of it then Gimp or Photoscape will work just fine
So...How would you like to compose?
Old 04-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #4
Mikrofonkabel
New Blood

Hmmm... what about using Flipbook for inking and coloring and Blender for composing?
Because the I could use Flipbook also for kight composing, and if I need a strong Program I can use Blender.

Greetings
Mikrofonkabel
Old 04-15-2012, 06:06 PM   #5
ZZDas
Animating...

If you thinking about using Flipbook for inking and coloring...then why not animate on it?
(you could also do the inking on PAP...)

Blender or Flipbook for composition dependes on what you're thinking about doing...
Old 04-16-2012, 07:21 AM   #6
Mikrofonkabel
New Blood

Now that I did try Flipbook, I'm thinking the same way. I will definatley use it to animate, once I bought it. But for now I will stick to PAP for animating and inking, since i can not afford to spend >250$ (I know that thats not much for programs like this), and the Lite version seems like a bad joke to me (2 Layers, 1 of them beeing Background...).
So what I'd basically need for now is a coloring program (I guess I will just use Photoshop 10 Elements) and a compositing program.
What I want to do: Making clips between 2 and 10min, nothing fancy, i guess it will end up as something like eddsworld (not really focusing on the perfect picture).

Greetings
Mikrofonkabel
Old 04-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #7
brettwmccoy
Composer & Animator

BTW, you can do this kind of thing in GIMP as well (inking and coloring). It has an animation plugin called GAP (GIMP Animation package) that can also be used for animation.